ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM HOURS:
During the School Year
Monday-Friday: 10:00 am- end of events
- 2 pm and later will be reserved for practice preparations and coverage. Please do not attempt to schedule rehabilitations and treatments at this time unless it is absolutely necessary.
- If you have a legitimate scheduling conflict that does not fit within the designated hour, please contact us in advance so that we can work out a treatment time with you.
- There are no designated treatment times- we are here on weekends ONLY for teams who have a practice or a game.
- Ignorance is not an excuse for missing treatment time. If student athletes do not come in for treatment, then the coach will be notified and the student athlete dealt with accordingly.
- Student athletes must come in at least 30 minutes before the start of a practice in order to be taped.
- The AT staff is not to be used as an excuse for student athletes being late for practice.
Hours will be posted and will depend on practice/games schedule.
Athletic Training room will be open on a limited basis during the summer. If you have questions please call or email an Athletic Trainer.
The AT room will be open for any camps that are overseen by a member of the Pfeiffer Sports Medicine Staff.
- Use of the Athletic Training Room is a privilege, not a right. Failure to comply with the rules set forth by the Sports Medicine staff may result in these privileges being revoked.
- Athletes must have completed all Pfeiffer University Sports Medicine (PUSM) Medical Paperwork and it must be on file within athletic training room prior to any sport participation.
- Only Varsity Athletes will be treated in the Athletic Training Room. (No club or intermural sports)
- Athletes must shower prior to entering the AT room post-practice. (Unless emergency)
- Supplies and/or equipment are not to be removed from the AT room without permission from an Athletic Trainer (i.e. tape, scissors, medications, exercise equip., etc)
- Treatment will be administered as directed by a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) after evaluation. These treatments are to be schedule with your assigned ATC at times most suitable for both individuals.
- This is a co-ed facility. Proper dress is required: decent t-shirts, shorts, etc.)
- Taping and treatment will be on a 1st come, 1st serve order, regardless of gender or sport. In-season sports will receive priority. Arrive early before practice. It will be your responsibility to get to practice on time. Do not use the Athletic Trainers as an excuse for late arrival to practice.
- Please leave equipment and personal belongings outside of the AT room.
- It is your responsibility as an athlete to report all athletic injuries/illnesses to an ATC. Failure to do so will invalidate any insurance coverage by the secondary insurance policy. It is also your responsibility to wear any required protective equipment such as mouth guards, shin guards, pads, or helmets properly fitted to you.
- Report all prescription medications and over-the-counter nutritional supplements you may be using to a Staff Athletic Trainer. False information on supplements could result in a positive drug test for banned substances contained in the product. Athletes face positive drug test penalites in these cases.
- The PUSM Staff is committed to providing athletes with the best possible health care. Please treat our staff and work study students in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner. Failure to do so will revoke AT room privileges.
- Please respect and return PUSM property including water bottles, coolers, etc.
- No Cell Phone Use in the AT room. This is to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all athletes who enter.
- No shoes allowed on treatment tables.
- No cleats/turf -No Profanity- No Loitering - No Tobacco Products - No Energy Drinks allowed in the AT room.
- Please practice proper hygiene (i.e. showering, washing practice/game clothes; no sharing towels or hygiene products, etc.) in order to reduce the risk of MRSA or other bacterial agents in the AT room and locker rooms.
**Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in your removal from the athletic training room**